Airbus welcomes Philippe Couillard, Premier of Québec
By Editions Dédicaces | On 06/03/2018 | Comments (0)
First visit of the Premier to Airbus facilities in Toulouse
AIRBUS, TOULOUSE, France, March 6, 2018 /CNW/ - Philippe Couillard, Premier of Québec, was welcomed for his first visit to Airbus in Toulouse by Tom Enders, Airbus CEO.
The visit is part of the 20th official meeting between French and Québec officials, aimed at strengthening ties between Québec and France.
Receiving the Premier in Toulouse provided a good opportunity to discuss the solid and long-standing partnership between Québec and Airbus, which operates four industrial sites in this French-speaking province of Canada.
During a speech given on the occasion and in response to Philippe Couillard, Tom Enders noted that Airbus works with some 665 Canadian suppliers and that the country ranks 9th among Airbus suppliers in the world.
Klaus Richter, Airbus Chief Procurement Officer announced that Airbus' next annual supplier conference would be held in the fall of 2018 in Montréal.
Airbus partnerships in Québec are slated to become even deeper and more significant this year, as Airbus, Bombardier and Investissement Québec are working toward completion of a partnership agreement to produce and market the C Series aircraft.
Airbus SE is a European multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells civil and military aeronautical products worldwide. In addition to its primary civil aeroplane business, the company has two divisions for other products and services: Defence and Space and Helicopters, the latter being the largest in its industry in terms of revenues and turbine helicopter deliveries.
The company's main civil aeroplane business is based in Blagnac, France, a suburb of Toulouse, with production and manufacturing facilities mainly in France, Germany, Spain, China, United Kingdom and the United States. Final assembly production is based at Toulouse, France; Hamburg, Germany; Seville, Spain; Tianjin, China, and Mobile, United States. The company produces and markets the first commercially viable digital fly-by-wire airliner, the Airbus A320, and the world's largest passenger airliner, the A380. The 10,000th aircraft, an A350, was delivered to Singapore Airlines on 14 October 2016 ; the global Airbus fleet having performed more than 110 million flights over 215 billion kilometres, carrying 12 billion passengers.
Today's company is the product of international consolidation in the European aerospace industry tracing back to the formation of the Airbus Industrie GIE consortium in 1970. In 2000, the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS) NV was established.
In addition to other subsidiaries pertaining to security and space activities, EADS owned 100% of the pre-existing Eurocopter SA, established in 1992, as well as 80% of Airbus Industrie GIE. In 2001, Airbus Industrie GIE was reorganised as Airbus SAS, a simplified joint-stock company. In 2006, EADS acquired BAE Systems's remaining 20% of Airbus. EADS NV was renamed Airbus Group NV and SE in 2014, and 2015, respectively. Due to the dominance of the Airbus SAS division within Airbus Group SE, these parent and subsidiary companies were merged in January 2017, keeping the name of the parent company. The company was given its present name in April 2017.
Airbus's corporate headquarters and main office are located in Toulouse, France. The company is led by CEO Thomas Enders and is a component of the Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index.
For further information: Contacts for the media: Marie Caujolle firstname.lastname@example.org +33567190592; Clay McConnell email@example.com +1 703 834 3532.